July 27, 2012

Layers of Lace

I have a box of antique lace gathered and carefully saved by my grandmother.  When she moved homes I became the recipient of the lovely collection.  Sometimes I will open it and look through the delicate pieces, but I haven't found quite what I want to do with all the beautiful lace.  I would like to incorporate a couple pieces into handmade clothing for E (and perhaps C too, you don't find a lot of lace on baby boys!)  But I'd like to incorporate it into some more lasting projects, and today I'm finding some inspiration...

Lace lanterns plus inky-blue paint = the mood has been set

These lace cards would make pretty invitations or thank-yous

Delicate colors invite you to sit and stay awhile

This vintage doily looks right at home on this mustard pillow

I like this idea of wrapping lace around terracotta pots, probably best for indoor plants!

A great idea for small scraps of lace - this adorable coin purse has been retro-updated

Such a cozy fort - with "stars" cast to the sky through that lovely crocheted lace throw

The lace detailing, the tomato red saturated color, I think I should bring this number home (as a tunic!)


Another great use for lace scraps - this pendent necklace is a beautiful statement
So what do you think I should do with all my lace?  For now, it all goes back in the box, and I will go back to dreaming...

Stay creative,
A

** Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That tent is sigh-out-loud lovely. I just bought (too many) doilies on ebay to make a doily garland. I thought I was going to cut them in half and have sort of a scalloped half-circles, but they're so beautiful, I'm trying to figure out now how to hang them whole.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...