July 20, 2012

behind the scenes: Something is Brewing

Over the past couple of weeks we have been busy with summertime travels to visit friends and family.  Most recently I got to spend nearly 2 weeks in New Hampshire with the kids and my family.  I grew up in New Hampshire, playing in the woods, swimming in the lake - as a teen I thought it was "so boring" and now I luxuriate in nature each time I get to go back.  It's an inspiring place to be, creatively, since I'm surrounded with so much color and natural beauty. 

Indeed we had days and days of this...

Looking over part of the White Mountains and Little Lake Sunapee while hiking Kearsarge Mt.
Then it was time to leave and head back to the city - we left some amazing storm clouds behind us!

Curve of the world - amazing!

And now it's back to work - raising kiddos (OK, that doesn't ever stop), ordering supplies and new canvases (my favorites were recently discontinued - boo - but I found lovely replacements - hooray!), and working hard with a close friend and fellow artist on a new project that will officially launch August 1st!  If you have kiddos in your life, you're going to want to stay tuned for this new adventure.

Work and Lunch while the kiddos are resting.

But when all is said and done, I'm excited to get back to painting - I have a whole bunch of new ideas and not enough time, it seems, to get them down on canvas fast enough.  But in my book, that's an OK problem to have!

Have you been able to visit with friends and family this summer?  I hope so!

Stay creative,
A

** Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...