April 10, 2012

DIY Sewing for Kiddos Round-up!

So I've shared the fabric that makes me want to sew, sew, sew for my children.  Now here are some sewing tutorials that can make the desire a reality!  The dress tutorial is based off a Boden dress - one that E already owns and loves, especially the deep pockets.  I see many versions of this dress in our future!!

dress tutorial

Shirts are easy for little bodies to get on and off all by themselves and an oh-so fun way to dress up everyday leggings.
And the pockets, oh the pockets! 

skirt tutorial

If you have a toddler then you probably have read this book.  If you need to get a gift for a toddler, this would be perfect!
If you like children's book, then you really have to look up this pigeon and his antics!!

Pigeon tutorial based on books by Mo Willems

We love to go on nature walks, even in our urban environment.  I usually end up holding the bag -
but this one is long enough to slip over E's head messenger-bag-style and again, it's got a lot of pockets!

nature bag tutorial

My chunky baby turned into a string bean and her pants don't always like staying up.
These little belts are a practical way to use fun bits of left over fabrics!

belt tutorial

Who can't use an extra pair of shorts??  I plan on making some for both E & C as they are a summer staple.
And perhaps I'll make myself a pair too!

shorts tutorial

Kids clothes often have obnoxious appliques - cutesie for girls, aggressive for boys - drives me nuts.  Let kids be kids!  With this tutorial, obnoxious appliques are no more!!  Now you can create new and fabulous appliques on blank shirts (or maybe even to cover up the obnoxious ones).

applique tutorial

So what are you going to make?  Personally, I'm going to make them all!  If you do stitch something up, leave a comment with a link - I'd love to check it out!!

Stay creative,
A

** Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...