May 4, 2012

behind the scenes: Whoooo are you?

After completing two similar "O is for Owl" paintings, I've decided to change it up and paint a different owl - a barn owl.  I'm really happy with how it turned out - it's always fun to see where my paintings will take me.  Many times I will "prep" a canvas with a base color, but won't know what I'm painting yet.  Generally I have at least an idea of what letter will go with a chosen color, but even then, it's not set in stone.  You may have also noticed some new decorative paintings I've added - I love painting the ABCs, but wanted to expand my range - I'm excited by these new directions, I know that even I will be surprised!!


Stay creative,
A

** Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...