April 2, 2012

Honey and Cream

love this color combo

It started with a color-blocked shirt.  The cream and yellow colors were unexpected, different, and I was afraid it would wash me out...but I couldn't resist the siren song of this muted, yet fun color combination!

the inspiration

But I was right - as a woman with olive-skin, yellow just makes me look like I have jaundice, not quite the image I'm going for.  Still, I'm determined to get this combo into my home this summer.

in the living room

in the kid's room


in the kitchen


In fact, I think gold and cream can read as a new neutral palette - perfect for someone who wants more color in their life, but doesn't want to give up on beige. 

a softer, brighter neutral palette

Stay creative,
A


*** Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...