June 6, 2012

neon: a GO or a NO?

a new twist on classic milk glass (here)

As you may already know, I'm drawn to bright, bold, saturated colors.  I'm often inspired by nature and pattern.  This year, one hot trend is neon...and I'm just not sure how I feel about that!  On one hand I love it - the eye catching yellows, pinks, blues and greens are being used unexpectedly.

not the paper mache of your youth! (here)

little houses with big colors (here)

Vintage doily with a neon touch of paint! (here)

I love that these loud colors can be inserted into quiet places, like a salad bowl or piece of driftwood, and transform the feel of these natural pieces instantly.

ho-hum bowls go bold! (here)

driftwood done up (here) and (here)

And touches of neon on jewelry adds a fun pop to otherwise neutral outfits.

this pretty piece would brighten the greyest outfit! (here)

would you wear all 4 at once? (here)

reminds me of a bright watermelon!! (here)

On the other hand, I cannot help but remember my own pair of neon multi-colored stirrup pants that I rocked in the 80s.  I'm not sure if neon has a place in my already-bright paintings, but that won't necessarily stop me from trying out a bit of neon in my home.

Balloon scarf destined to be a wall hanging in my house! (here)

Want more neon?  Look here: one. two. three. four. five.

So what do you think about neon - is it a go or a no?

Stay creative,
A

** Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...